Spicy, sour chicken infused with flavors of goraka and fragrant spices slow cooked on a banana leaf.
- Chicken 1kg
- Goraka 25 pieces
- Salt 1 ½tbsp
- Pepper 1 ½tbsp
- Turmeric 1tsp
- Stock cube 2nos
- Curry leaves handful
- Pandon leaves 1 to 2 pieces
- Chopped lemongrass ½ inch
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Crushed garlic 4 cloves
- Roasted curry powder 2tbsp
- Chili powder 1tbsp
- Coconut oil 1tbsp
- Coconut water ½ cup
- Banana leaves
- Cut the chicken into 10-12 pieces.
- Place goraka in a saucepan and add a little water with pepper and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the goraka is soft.
- Mix salt, pepper, chili powder, turmeric, stock cube and roasted curry powder in a bowl. Coat the chicken pieces in this marinade.
- Drain the goraka mixture and blend the goraka, garlic and pepper mix into a paste (using a food processor). Mix the paste with water and pour over the chicken. Mix well.
- Arrange the chicken in a shallow pan on tip of banana leaf and pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Add curry leaves, pandon leaves, cinnamon, lemongrass, garlic cloves and coconut oil.
- Cook over low heat until the chicken is done.